Thursday, August 14, 2008

Friends...

I was going through a closet trying to figure out space for our camping stuff...yes I am just now finishing unpacking! And I found a box that said "CAUTION DO NOT OPEN." That could only mean one thing! Old pictures & notes from High School!! I sat there forever reading notes and remembering fun times. I still keep in touch with my good friends from school, so I decided to post some of the best memories I have over the years...

Dances were always fun, especially when we went with each other in a group! I have protected the identity of the the poor boys from that dance that went with Elizabeth, Melanie, & I. James is cool since he married his date...that date must have went well ;0)Our first trip on our own... unfortunately it was to EFY. (We are in the bottom row... please forgive us for the Charlies Angel pose!) Between leaving campus for a burger (big no no) to a blown out tire & locking the keys in the car at the mall, we managed to survive.

Classes together... Poor Mr.Feldmiller! He was so nice, but always fell for our jokes. He changed schools after our class ended, we have theories. Melanie's infamous "dirty looks." You never knew when you were going to get one, but they were always well deserved.
Wherever we were going, there was karaoke in the car!
The occasional lapse in good decision making. We were always there to help each other, and now we look back and laugh about it.

Trips to Flagstaff to see friends

Graduation!!

Vacation to Hawaii!
Our Sedona adventure!

We also can't leave out our MANY afternoons at Islands Pizza & our MANY nights TP'ing.

Now that we are all grown up, changed, & live in different cities... it's nice to stay in touch and remember the crazy fun times we had!

8 comments:

Cassie said...

How fun! I always enjoy going back and looking at my yearbooks and pictures. High School was so fun. Looks like you and your friends had a lot of fun too. I remember how important the dances where and who asked who, haha

Cheryl said...

I'm sooo glad that you blogged again! You always have such cool things to say & I loved reading about your friends. It's cool that you still keep in touch with your friends after even a few years out of school. I've lost contact with mine, except for one that I never really ever talked with except in school & when they couldn't find me for our last reunion, she took the time to track me down through my parents in St. George!! Makes you wonder who you had an impact on & didn't know it, huh?

Jodi said...

I think it's great that you keep in contact with all your highschool friends. I have lost contact with a bunch of mine, but I found one by accident (by building a house right behind her sister's house) and I married the uncle of another one (Cecily) so we get to see eachother quite a bit and our kids love eachother.

I love those pictures. Charlie's Angels, huh? You guys are funny.

Jodi said...

Hey Shannon! I gave you a blogging award on my blog - come and get it! :0)

DAN/JOSE said...

WHERE'S MY AWARD? - NOBODY LOCES GRAMPA ANYMORE

PICS ARE GREAT - LOOK FOR CHERYL'S 'HAIR RAG' PICTURES ON MY BLOG IF I EVER FIGURE HOW TO SCAN.

Derek & Melanie said...

It was Mr. Feldman, not Feldmiller. That was a fun post. Oh the many memories we share. You're a great friend Shannon!

Celissa said...

Those pictures are awesome Shannon! I wonder what Elizabeth and Melanie could post of you crazy kids!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I miss the good old days!