Monday, August 18, 2008

I THOUGHT THOSE DAYS WERE LONG GONE

It's kind of funny... just the other day I was thinking how it had been such a long time (4 years) since my days of countless times being pulled over. I would estimate that I have recieved tickets 50% of the time... pretty good right?!

This evening I was pulled over by a lovely ASU police officer for not making a COMPLETE stop at an itsy bity tiny little intersection in the ASU East housing neighborhood. The kind gentlemen, who took his job WAYY too seriously, immediately turned on his colorful lights & bright spotlight. I pulled over & was greeted with a flash light in my eyes. He asked for my license, registration, & proof of insurance.

After searching through my glove compartment & purse... I kindly handed him an old license, expired proof of insurance, & my registration. He returned to his flashing vehicle.

As I was sitting there for what seemed like an hour another police car pulls up. Now I get to wondering if maybe they found those warrants for my arrest from my days of bank robbing! I decide to turn some music on & text a few people while I wait.

Anyway, finally Mr. Police Officer comes back and has a lengthy ticket written for me including 3 citations. Are you ready!?!
1) License not in possession (I gave him an old one)
2) No proof of insurance ( I gave him an expired one)
3) No registration card in vehicle ( I gave him the WRONG vehicles (the jetta's) registration! oops!)

I told him I'm sure I have the minis registration & he said it was too late, I had my opportunity to give him the correct one. He assumed my car was stolen & had to call it in and verify. I guess that's why he called for back up! Don't you think it would have been easier to just ask me? I guess I look like the car stealing type! Oh well!

The "kind" officer told me all of these violations can be fixed by taking all of those documents to the court. So basically he didn't cite me for the stop sign and gave me a bunch of busy work. THANK A LOT! Needless to say, Cops bother me. Too bad my husband is in the process of becoming one! hehe lol.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness! You have got to be kidding me! Somebody must have been really bored. Neither one was Eric, was it? Hopefully not. He's pretty cool about those things. What was the kind police officer's name?

That sucks. Good luck. :0)

DAN/JOSE said...

I always wondered about you - I'ts a good thing they didn't haul you off to jail (LOL). I've recieved my share of tichets in the many years of my driving career, so I can feel for you ,can't reach you, but feel for you. Good luck on your court appearance. Keep the
C U R R E N T & C O R R E C T documentation handy from now on - -

Cheryl said...

OMG (gosh)!! Shannon, I can't believe you didn't have the right paperwork!! Shame on you--LOL! That sucks that you have to go take all that stuff down there. You must have looked like a VERY scarey person for him to call backup. Like Jodi said, hope it wasn't Eric, but then she said something about him not working East, but I'll bet he knows the guy. :O)

Cassie said...

That is so funny! You crack me up. He didn't give you a ticket for what he pulled you over for, but still was able to give you three citations!! hehehehe ! Your such a criminal!

Shannon said...

I can't remember the cops name. It wasn't Eric though. It was lame but I deserve it. I should have the up-to-date info and how DUMB am I to give him the WRONG car registration... not just expired, but for the WRONG vehicle that I don't even own anymore! Talk about a blonde moment!

Shannon said...

hey what is up with u man this is ralph.

AND NOW, FURTHER ADO said...

I feel so responsible...