Tuesday, January 20, 2009

One of those days...

Today I have been in a total funk! I decided to work from home because I have a ton of marketing work to do and it is so much easier to do it at home than get interrupted at the office all day. However... I keep getting distracted with the Inauguration, organizing my Itunes & catching up on TMZ.com. I have a tendency to procrastinate when I have a lot to do. So I haven't made too much progress on work. Then I was talking to my friend Melanie while she was baking a recipe from Bakerella.com. It sounded soo yummy! So off to the store I went!


You guys have to try it! Of course I messed it up by buying the wrong brownie mix & forgetting the semi-sweet chocolate morsels for the Chocolate Ganach. I also had no idea there was something called whipping cream! It was in a recipe I made not too long ago & I had used Cool Whip thinking that is what they meant... good thing for friends like Melanie for informing me of this fact! Of course I didn't confess my retardism to her heheh. But anyway, it worked out because I had accidentally bought the brownie mix that comes with the chocolate frosting! They are so good, but I am sure the correct version is much better. Click on the pic above from Bakerella to go to the website.

In other Vowles news, Tyler started school this week. He is keeping busy with online courses and one class on campus. He has so much on his plate... from work, school, & his church calling yet he still manages to do great at them all! I love him! =0)

I hope you are all having a wonderful 2009!

1 comments:

Derek & Melanie said...

You are too funny Shannon! That recipe is pretty good huh. I think I might go have a piece now. I hope your day is going better today. Maybe soon we can have a girls night out.